Venereea GmbH takes your privacy very seriously. The protection and security of your personal data are of utmost importance to Venereea GmbH. Therefore, we process only those data about you that are necessary. We do this with due diligence.
The responsible party in terms of the DSGVO is Venereea GmbH, Gapont 16, 9495 Triesen, Liechtenstein, [email protected], Tel. +41 78 926 18 40.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use issue, please get in touch with our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
What is personal data?
Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or to one or more factors that describe that natural person’s physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity.
We do not consider personal information to be information that is anonymised or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect personal information from you when you use our website.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal data to provide and improve our services, provide you with a personalised experience on our websites, inform you about your account and our services, provide customer service, provide you with personalised advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your personal data will only be processed for the purposes agreed with you or if there is another legal basis within the meaning of the DSGVO. We only collect personal data required for the performance and processing of our tasks and services or that has been voluntarily provided to us.
Below you will find a summary of how and on what legal basis we use personal data. We use your
personal data to perform a contract with you and provide you with our services, to comply with our
legal obligations, to protect your vital personal interests, or as necessary for the public good.
- Providing payment processing, operating, measuring and improving our services, maintaining our services, security and operations, and customising website content that includes items and services you require in response to your actions.
- Contact you about your order, resolve problems with your order, resolve a dispute, collect fees or amounts due, or otherwise provide customer service (including warranty service).
When we contact you for the above purposes, we may contact you by email, phone, SMS / text message or mail.
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- We use general location information to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalised content).
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms
do not override those interests. We have controls in place to align our interests with your rights. This
- Improving our services, for example, by reviewing information related to stalled or crashed pages reported by users. This allows us to identify and fix problems and provide you with a better user experience.
- To provide targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Measuring the performance of our email marketing campaigns (for example, by analysing open and click-through rates).
- Monitoring and improving the information security of our website and mobile applications.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
- To provide you with promotional content via phone calls, email, SMS / text.
- To customise third-party advertisements you may see on third-party websites.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We may use technology that is considered automated decision-making or profiling. We will not make automated decisions about you that would significantly affect you unless such a decision is required under a contract we have with you, we have your consent, or we are required by law to use such technology.
What personal information do we collect and store?
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our services, register for an account with us, provide us information in a web form, update or add information to your account, or otherwise correspond with us.
Some of this personal information, such as information used to identify you, is necessary to close a contract with us. The provision of all other personal data is voluntary but may be required to use our services or to order a product. We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
Personal data that you give us when you use our services or order a product:
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, or email addresses
- Other content that you generate or that is associated with your account or your use of the services
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction
- Shipping, billing, and other information related to the purchase of an item
- You may also provide us with other information through web forms, chats, as part of dispute resolution procedures, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our services.
- Additional information we may require or authorise by national law, collect and process to authenticate or identify you or verify the information we collect.
Personal information that we automatically collect when you use our services or purchase a product
- We collect information about your interaction with our services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is the information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when accessing our services. This information could include a Device ID or unique identifier, device type, advertising ID, and a unique device token.
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Remember that most mobile devices offer the ability to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device’s settings menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics about your page views, access to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
- Personal information we collect by using cookies and similar technologies.
- Personal data from other sources.
- Social Media. We allow you to share information with social media sites. These social media sites may automatically give us access to certain personal information stored by you about yourself (e.g., content you have viewed, content you have liked, and information about the ads you have been referred to or clicked on, etc.). Suppose you grant us access to a video content site. In that case, you agree that we may share your video viewing with third-party social media sites or the information about your video viewing with third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you revoke the authorisation or connection to the social media site. You control the personal information to which you grant us access through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give when you grant us access to the personal information stored about you on the applicable social media site. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. When you click on a link provided through a social media plug-in, you voluntarily establish a connection with that particular social media site.
We process only the necessary data. These may differ depending on the group of persons.
What choices do you have about our use of your personal information?
You can choose how we use your personal information to communicate with you, send you marketing information, provide you with tailored and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay logged into your account.
What choices do you have to access, control and correct your personal information?
We will respect your rights under the law to access, amend or delete your personal information. To request access, please contact us by following the instructions in the “Contact Us” section below. Even if you have a legal right to request access or the amendment or deletion of your personal information, we may deny such access or, in some instances, refuse to amend or delete your personal information per applicable national laws.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information as soon as possible based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
In what ways may we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with the following parties for the following purposes:
To family members who may use it to:
- provide shared content and services (customer support)
- detect, investigate, mitigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent or illegal activity, breaches of our contract, and privacy violations
- provide you with personalised advertising
- improve your products, websites, applications, services, tools and marketing communications.
- Members of our Venereea family will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from us or as otherwise permitted by law.
Service providers and affiliated financial institutions as follows:
- Third-party service providers that assist us in providing our services, payment processing, customised advertising, and in preventing, detecting, mitigating and investigating potentially illegal activity, breach of contract, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection and other business transactions.
- Third-party financial institutions that we work with to provide financial products to you so that they can provide shared content and services (such as registration, transactions, and customer support). These affiliated financial institutions only use your personal information to send you marketing communications when you have requested their services.
- Third-party service providers (such as Swiss Post, DHL, UPS, USPS, etc.) with whom we share shipping address, contact information, and tracking information to facilitate delivery of purchased items and other delivery-related communications.
- Third-party website, application, service and tool providers with whom we work to help them promote our products on their websites or in their applications, services and tools. To the extent that we transfer personal data to third-party vendors, we do so solely under an agreement that limits the third-party vendor’s use of such personal data to the processing necessary to perform its contract with us and the third-party vendor’s obligation to take security measures concerning such data. Third-Party Providers are not authorised to sell, rent or otherwise transfer the personal data contained in their offerings to third parties.
Law enforcement, legal proceedings and as permitted by law:
- To comply with our legal requirements, to enforce our contract, to respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or to protect the rights, property or safety of a third party.
- To law enforcement, government agencies, or authorised third parties in response to a verified request or legal process related to a criminal investigation or suspected or alleged illegal activity or other activity that exposes us, you or another of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information that we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, zip code, phone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding history and listings
- To third parties involved in legal proceedings if they provide us with a summons, court order, or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that disclosure of the information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- If a transaction fails, is placed on hold, or is later invalidated, we may also disclose details of the unsuccessful transaction to the other user
To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potentially illegal activities, fraud, and/or security breaches from occurring, and to assess and manage risk, including alerting you when fraudulent activity has been detected on your Venereea account
- To provide customer services, including assisting you in processing your account or resolving disputes (e.g., billing or transaction disputes)
How long do we keep your personal data?
- How long we retain personal data can vary significantly depending on the context of the services we provide and our legal obligations. The following factors typically influence retention periods:
- How long is the personal data required to provide our services? This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining and improving the performance of our products, the security of our systems, and the retention of appropriate business and financial information. This is the general rule that forms the basis for most of our data retention periods.
- Is the personal information confidential? If yes, a shortened retention period is generally appropriate.
- Have you authorised a longer retention period? If so, we will store the data in accordance with your consent.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain your personal data? Examples may include data retention laws required by law in the relevant jurisdiction, government orders to retain data relevant to an investigation, or personal data retained for litigation.
After we no longer need your personal data, we will securely dispose of it by our data retention and deletion policies.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small files your browser automatically creates and are stored on your terminal device when you visit our website. The cookies remain stored until you delete them. This allows us to recognise your browser the next time you visit.
If you do not wish this, you can set your browser so that it informs you about the setting of cookies, and you allow them in individual cases. However, we would like to point out that deactivating cookies may limit the website’s functionality. The legal basis for the data processed by cookies is Art. 6 Abs. 1Bst. f DSGVO.
How do we protect your personal information?
We protect your personal information through technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. The security measures we use include, but are not limited to, firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to the data centres we use, and information access controls.
Suppose you do not want to receive marketing communications from us. In that case, you can unsubscribe using the link in an email, change your communication preferences in “My Profile”, indicate your communication preferences using the method described in the direct communication from us, or contact us using the “Contact Us” section described below. Remember that we do not sell, rent, or otherwise share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.